Monday, June 23, 2008

Mutant Babies and Industrial Arts

Today's puns are, once again, brought to you by Year 11 English.

We started a unit of Love & War poetry today, and I played them "I was Only 19" by Redgum. SUCH an amazing song! But completely beside the point. Anyway, we were discussing Agent Orange and its adverse effects, and one of the boys said "Yeah, you might have a baby and they might have, like, 6 arms or something"

"yeah... but that would be... HANDY" was my response.

Not much laughter, but when I repeated it a few minutes later, they laughed, despite themselves.

We ended up in an off topic discussion about other school subjects, and I said that they might like to think they could do their woodwork homework in English class.

The same kid with the Agent Orange mutant baby comment piped up with a very quiet:
"Yeah. That would work"

Gold!!

No comments: